I have always wanted to ride the Virginia Creeper Trail. Everything about it seemed amazing: a bicycle trail on an old railroad bed, historic stops, sharing a path with the Appalachian Trail, Ice Cream - it all sounded perfect. So, when our neighbor decided to invite his best buddies (and Dads) to ride the Creeper to celebrate his 7th birthday - Noah and I were ecstatic.
We started at Whitetop Mountain, and finished in Damascus, Virginia - which is a great little town. It was a grand adventure, and all of the kids rode the entire 18 miles (though with complaints, and some tears, by some). We ate lunch at the Green Cove Depot, repaired a bicycle chain, and even provided first aid (and called 911) for an injured cyclist.
But most importantly, Noah and I were able to spend some quality time together - accomplishing something as a team. It felt great to be with him, and I was proud to be his father. 






Comments