 |
| Avery at Buckeye Donuts |
We just embarked upon our longest family road trip to date, driving from Asheville to Columbus, Ohio. We took to the road to spend Thanksgiving with Jessica's sister, Melissa, who recently had a beautiful baby. I was quite excited about the trip, as my personal wanderlust is rarely satisfied, and I hoped that the kids might have a blast.
 |
| Lane Avenue Bridge, Ohio State University |
After driving through snow covered Kentucky horse country all day on Wednesday, we met up with our friends the Cooks, with whom we ate the legendary
Skyline Chili in Cincinnati. Once in Columbus, Dustin and I ran the Turkey Trot 8k through Ohio State's campus (it was 19 degrees, but fantastic!). Jessica and Melissa made a great spread of food for all of us, which we digested by watching football. We explored the city of Columbus long enough to discover the
delicious Buckeye Donuts, and the Columbus Zoo.
Our return trip took us through West Virginia. We stopped at a farmer's market in Charleston, and enjoyed the amazing views that the entire state had to offer. It was awesome.
I have A LOT of trouble sitting still, so a road trip of this kind was just what the doctor ordered for my restlessness during the holidays. But I was most impressed and proud of Jessica, Noah, and Avery. The children are great troopers, and have a wide eyed curiosity about every city, and new thing, that they see. And Jessica is just grace under pressure during the holidays.
 |
| Columbus Zoo |
It is one of the most refreshing moments of my life to be around my family when our collective curiosity can not be quenched, and we experience new things together.
Comments