The first CD I ever bought was Some Friendly by The Charlatans in 1990. I was obsessed with that record, and it was my introduction to the music of Manchester, England. From the Charlatans, I discovered the Happy Mondays, The Smiths, Oasis (though some years later) ,and the Stone Roses. Those Manchester bands inspired me to play guitar, listen to more music with grooving drums, and travel to England (which I did in 1994, while listening to The Charlatans' Up To Our Hips on repeat). My love of all things Manchester never fully waned - I remain a fan of the Manchester City soccer club.
So it was with much surprise and delight that I came across this new documentary of the Stone Roses yesterday on Amazon prime. Watching it has led me to revisit their entire catalog again, and I have to say - it holds up well.
They are an incredible band.
So it was with much surprise and delight that I came across this new documentary of the Stone Roses yesterday on Amazon prime. Watching it has led me to revisit their entire catalog again, and I have to say - it holds up well.
They are an incredible band.
Comments