As this year comes to an end, I am all kinds of excited about finishing up my year-end mixtape. As with previous years, 2014 witnessed an explosion of fantastic new music - and I struggled mightily to narrow it down.Though I have spent the larger part of my life making mixes for all types of occasions (and for all types of friends), I have been making this official year end mix for three years now. My previous mixes are here and here.
I have a few ground rules that I use when compiling the year end mix tape, including:\
- An artist must only appear once on the mix.
- The song must have been released in the 2014 calendar year (though this includes reissues and remasters)....and I have broken this rule once or twice :)
- The mix must fit on one CD-R (limiting it to just over one hour in length)
- All of the rules can be broken at any time..because it is only a mixtape.
Anyways - here is this years rundown:
1. Do
You – Spoon
2. Call
Me – St. Paul and the Broken Bones
3. Make
You Better – The Decemberists
4. Thunder
Clatter – Wild Cub
5. Never
Work For Free - Tennis
6. Talking
Dreams - Echosmith
7. Be
Slowly - JAWS
8. Brill
Bruisers – New Pornographers
9. She’s
Not Me – Jenny Lewis
10. Conrad
– Ben Howard
11. Eighth
Avenue - Hospitality
12. Style
– Taylor Swift
13. Bury
Our Friends – Sleater-Kinney
14. Feels
Like Fire – Ryan Adams
15. Talking
Backwards – Real Estate
16. The
Devil is All Around – Shovels and Rope
17. Sky
Full of Stars - Coldplay
Comments