I took Noah to his first concert on Tuesday night. (To be fair, he has been to shows before, but never one of his personal choice.) We went to see his favorite singer, the tween sensation Sabrina Carpenter. I have written about her before, specifically for the way in which our entire family has bonded over her irresistible sugary pop music.So, we spontaneously bought tickets to this sold out show in Charlotte on Tuesday afternoon, and drove the 2+ hours to take it in. He loved it so much, moving from nervous, to excited, to dancing and signing his heart out as the confetti cannons exploded...Yes, CONFETTI CANNONS. It was magical.
I am such a believer in the power of music to transform our lives, and be the soundtrack for both our memories and our dreams. I was honored to be alongside my son, watching him become enveloped by the music that he loves.
And we did it together, and it meant the world.
He even let me hug him at the end.
Comments