I found a random box of cassettes last weekend, in my childhood closet - at my parents' house. And though I thought that they were all gone for good, I found some of my mixtapes from high school and college. (or at least found the covers with the track list, which was enough to recreate any mix on Spotify). I spent WAY TOO MUCH time making mixtapes back then - both for my friends, and for myself. Roadtrips and mixtapes were, and have remained, a critical part of my lifestyle - so this mixtape brings back great memories of good friendships, places, and the spirited feelings of my youth.
Best I can tell, I made this mix during my Freshman year at UNCG, with the most recent songs at the time being Charmless Man, from Blur, and She's Electric from Oasis (each of which came out in early fall, of 1995).
Mixtapes have always played such an important part in my life. Curating my favorite songs to give as gifts to my friends, in the hope that they can bring as much joy to them as they have for me, is time well spent. And receiving a friend’s mixtape has always been even more exciting.
I’m so grateful for it all, and look forward to continuing the tradition with a new 2018 mix in a few weeks.
Best I can tell, I made this mix during my Freshman year at UNCG, with the most recent songs at the time being Charmless Man, from Blur, and She's Electric from Oasis (each of which came out in early fall, of 1995).
Mixtapes have always played such an important part in my life. Curating my favorite songs to give as gifts to my friends, in the hope that they can bring as much joy to them as they have for me, is time well spent. And receiving a friend’s mixtape has always been even more exciting.
I’m so grateful for it all, and look forward to continuing the tradition with a new 2018 mix in a few weeks.
Comments