
We had a cool moment last night. I gave Noah my Star Wars pillow cases from my childhood (Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, respectively). I have never wanted to be one of those fathers who forces his children to engage soley in activities that the father enjoys. I try not to be that guy. I truly want to love what Noah loves. I hope that he never feels that he must engage in specific activities in order to gain my attention. That would break my heart. So, I try not to push Noah towards specific things that I really enjoy. But, (not unlike my undying love for music) the issue is that I have collected a ton of Star Wars toys, figures, movies, etc. over the years - and I have given them all to Noah. So he is certainly being exposed to a disproportionate amount of Star Wars, as compared to, say, Garfield.
That being said, the kid loves him some Star Wars. So, he was SO HAPPY to look in his bed and see a Return of the Jedi pillow looking back at him. He even turned the pillow over so he could hug Darth Vader and tell him goodnight, but he chose to lay his head on the Ewoks. He woke up this morning and asked to take his pillow with him to the couch. I still remember when my parents brough home the Return of the Jedi bedding. I was so excited. I can still picture my old bed with those sheets and pillows. So, it was a cool moment for me to see my child enjoying it as well.
Comments