The summer has been moving along quickly, but enjoyably. I officially finished off the school year with graduation on Sunday, and it was bittersweet. It is always fantastic to finish the school year and head into the summer months, but it is hard to see all of those kids head out the door for good. But, while moy homeroom kids were approaching the stage, they all got me with the "bubble game." It was hilarious. Anyways, I am glad to have this school year behind me, as the mood at school was pretty terrible by the end (due to the threat of budget cuts, and my friends losing their jobs). Either way, our family celebrated by headin to Montreat last weekend for some creek-walking, picnic eating, playground running good times. At this point, I would have to rank Montreat's playground as my all time favorite. Two playgrounds, mountains, woods, and two streams that are perfect for taking off your shoes and playing - I am sold.
I am most excited for the summer so that I can spend more one on one time with Avery. Already I feel like we are getting to know each other even better. He is now able to ride in the Bjorn facing forward - thus, seeing the world. So, we are taking many hikes on our mountain - and talking about lots of things. He still loves to be outside and listen to music. I have been playing lots of guitar for him. The coolest thing is that he is laughing out loud these days, and it is beautiful. Also, he is three months old now - and I am not at work all day, meaning things are getting noticeably easier around the house. Things are good.
Noah moved to the 3-4 year old classroom a couple of weeks ago, and is having a great time. He is so influenced by the older kids in that room that his language, actions, and sense of humor changed over night. It is fun to watch, and also quite sentimental to watch him grow up (and by "grow up" I mean that now he can rhyme most anything with the word "poopy." It is impressive). And speaking of growing up, Noah matriculated to "go it alone" swimming lessons this week. So, now he swims alone with his teacher, and we just hang out and watch from the sidelines. It is a strange feeling for me, as his best swim buddy. Noah and I love the water so much, and have consistently gone swimming at the YMCA for a long time now. So, it is sort of wierd to watch him swim alone, without me throwing him in the air or whatever. But, no matter, because he loves it! He looks forward to his swim lessons all the time, and is an absolute jabber-mouth while there. I am so proud of
him.
Jessica and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary on Tuesday, and it was one of our best. We got a babysitter for Noah and Avery (our first time doing this with both boys) and headed to the Orange Peel to see Band of Horses (one of our all-time favorite bands) with some friends, and they did NOT disappoint. Damnation, it was a great show. They OPENED with "The Great Salt Lake"...opened with it - setting the bar high - and then delivering. Here is the Great Salt Lake vdieo - click on this and see what I mean. Anyways - its was one hell of an anniversary - and I could not be happier than to have been with Jessica for 8 years. Marrying that girl was the best decision I ever made, and yet it was also the easiest. Jessica had this great idea to put up some of our wedding pics on Facebook, so that folks could revisit that fun day in June, 2001. I put a few on here as well. Alright, off to the Grocery Store - and seriously go watch that Band of Horses link.
Comments