Over one foot of snow in Asheville over the past two days. We have been out of power, and unable to leave the neighborhood. But we have been able to sled like crazy - and I did snowboard down my street and on to my porch yesterday, so that was cool. But our evenings have been trying. Noah is on an anti-biotic for an ear infection, and it seems that Avery is fighting off one as well - as he is bothered when lying down. So, we all have had to crowd around the fireplace, and try to maintain as much warmth as possible, without central heat. We busted out the sleeping bags, candles, and as much firewood as we could find - roasted hotddogs, and made the best of it. But today we had all simply had enough. Firewood was short, and our tempers were even shorter. So, my neighbor Tim, and I shoveled enough snow to get our Subaru on the move. After some false starts, I got in, hit the gas - and she hopped up on the snow and purred like a kitten. Woo Hoo! Wwe loaded up and grabbed some lunch. We retured to our house, which now has power! I think I may just turn on the TV, dishwasher, computer, and dryer and let them go for a day - just because I can. Not really.
Over one foot of snow in Asheville over the past two days. We have been out of power, and unable to leave the neighborhood. But we have been able to sled like crazy - and I did snowboard down my street and on to my porch yesterday, so that was cool. But our evenings have been trying. Noah is on an anti-biotic for an ear infection, and it seems that Avery is fighting off one as well - as he is bothered when lying down. So, we all have had to crowd around the fireplace, and try to maintain as much warmth as possible, without central heat. We busted out the sleeping bags, candles, and as much firewood as we could find - roasted hotddogs, and made the best of it. But today we had all simply had enough. Firewood was short, and our tempers were even shorter. So, my neighbor Tim, and I shoveled enough snow to get our Subaru on the move. After some false starts, I got in, hit the gas - and she hopped up on the snow and purred like a kitten. Woo Hoo! Wwe loaded up and grabbed some lunch. We retured to our house, which now has power! I think I may just turn on the TV, dishwasher, computer, and dryer and let them go for a day - just because I can. Not really.
Comments