Noah has recently moved up to the Pre-K class, and he has stepped up his game tremendously. Every time he has moved from one classroom to the next, it always seems that he is ready for the next step. So once he is in that new environment, he is happy and engaged. I guess function sometimes follows form - at least it most often does with our little Noah. He is such a cool kid, and it has recently been really amazing to hear him speak like Jessica and I -
using the same phrasing and vocabulary, ie: awesome, That is amazing!, this is really cool, etc.
Avery is no longer a baby, at all. He is such an independent little dude, and loves to wrestle with Noah. But Noah (like any big brother) is very hot and cold with Avery - sometimes playing happily with him for 30 minutes, and sometimes screaming at him for simply being near. But Avery is amazing - stacking blocks, playing peekaboo, chasing us, playing with cars, and eating lots of Popsicles (as he has cut 4 molars in the past month, ouch).
But I have also been able to make time for a bit of creative endeavors. Namely, I have begun recording some new material. I have some pretty basic recording equipment, as well as some new software - and I have been working steadily on laying down new tracks and mixing them down. So far I have recorded 4 songs, all of which have essentially been sitting on my proverbial shelf of songs for the past year. As I played in bands throughout my life, I always loved to get on stage and perform. But as I got older, I enjoyed making records as much as anything. And now I am able to put some things together in my house that are starting to match my vision - so I am a happy camper. I will be sure to post some newly finished tunes on this blog, when they are ...well...newly finished.
Comments