We have created a community garden in our neighborhood. And if you know us, then you know we are all a flutter over it. But we this garden truly happened in an "organic" manner (oh,did something just fall? Or did I just drop a pun?). We decided that it would be great to grow some veggies, and we took the boys to Lowe's to pick out some cool stuff. Avery only seemed to care about running down the aisles and touching mowers. But Noah chose tomatoes, cantaloupe, and squash. So, we carved out a nice little area that gets much sunlight. Noah loves to get out the hose and water, so he is completing his job with vigilance. And now the garden is growing, both in size and in veggies. I love it when things like this happen.
It is funny how when we get older, certain elements of ourselves become so clear. And one of those moments of clarity for me is that I love to DO stuff. I love to feel like I woke up, created a plan to create something, executed the plan, and that the thing of creation was good. It is just better when someone is helping me. I am a huge believer in synergy, and the garden is steadily proving to be one of those synergistic creations that will hopefully bring us joy to all of us, reward us with a sense of purpose, and maybe a squash casserole.
Comments