
As I teach AP World History, we have our exam in the second week of May. That means we always have to find interesting and relevant projects to complete for the final month of school. For a few years, we have created various type of artistic (both performance and visual) projects. But this year, my students and I developed the coolest one ever: Paint the classroom. Well...not just paint it, but paint 40 international flags around the top, and complete a 7 framed mural of historical images on the entire back wall.

Could we do it? we wondered. of course we could.
Teenagers just go for it, ya know - and they did. The pics show their work. And they were working like champs to research, design, sketch, and paint. They even developed their own systems of cleanup, color mixing, and paint storage.
I am lucky enough to have the best job in the world, with the best students with which to share it.
Comments