Dear Noah and Avery~Up until this last weekend - I had been feeling like I had not been the best Daddy to you these past few weeks. Moving into this new house, and trying to get one million things accomplished has come in between our time together a bit, and I can not stand that. I have just started to notice this as of the last few days, when we finally have had time to chase each other, be outside, laugh a lot, eat Popsicles, make Mommy laugh (and cringe), and play like baby tigers again. When I am on my hands and knees waiting to grab you guys when you run around the corner into the living room, I am as content as I can be. And there is going to be a whole lot more of that type of Tom Foolery from now on- so I hope you guys are ready.
I know that both of you truly seem to love our new house and neighborhood almost as much as Mommy and I do - but we are all looking forward to having less boxes to be unpacked in the living room, and more time to tackle each other and sing Indigo Girls songs. And it is starting to happen. The yard sale this past Saturday seriously helped bring our unpacking to a near completion (at least for now), and your Lemonade and Cookie stand was tons of fun.
I know that both of you truly seem to love our new house and neighborhood almost as much as Mommy and I do - but we are all looking forward to having less boxes to be unpacked in the living room, and more time to tackle each other and sing Indigo Girls songs. And it is starting to happen. The yard sale this past Saturday seriously helped bring our unpacking to a near completion (at least for now), and your Lemonade and Cookie stand was tons of fun.
So,for the moment things really are settling down in our lives - and we are not going to move again for a long, long, long time - if ever. You boys have both been champs though - through it all, and as always you have inspired me with your flexibility, resilience, and humor. You are the best part of me. Tonight, we dine on cookies!
Comments