We have really enjoyed a busy couple of weeks - but it has been busy on our terms. We have
mostly set our own agendas - and have thrown ourselves fully into completing them. In between projects, Jessica and I have made some time to ride our bikes, take the boys to the library, and even enjoy some Dude time and some Girl time.
The boys, as always, have been troopers throughout - adding their ideas and ambitions to each of the new things we attempt to tackle. In example: We had a yardsale - so Noah made a Lemonade stand. We made the bunk beds into two twin beds - so Avery made the transition to a twin bed (woo hoo!). I put new strings on the guitar - so Avery sits in our living room, and plays the guitar constantly (he will not allow me to play the guitar, unless I play ACDC's "
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" - which he loves, and runs around in circles when I play it.). We planted some new shrubs, so when it is time to water, Noah likes to "help" by spraying us in the face.
Anyways, our new bathroom is complete - so we no longer have to share one toilet. Things are really amazing presently, and I am noticing and celebrating it as much as possible. I have the most beautiful and compassionate wife in the world, my two boys are the most fun, and resilient children I have ever known, and I live in an old, modest house where I can walk to most things of value. This is it for now, and this is all I
want. I am very contented, and feel thankful pretty much every moment of my life that I am lucky enough to live it.
The boys, as always, have been troopers throughout - adding their ideas and ambitions to each of the new things we attempt to tackle. In example: We had a yardsale - so Noah made a Lemonade stand. We made the bunk beds into two twin beds - so Avery made the transition to a twin bed (woo hoo!). I put new strings on the guitar - so Avery sits in our living room, and plays the guitar constantly (he will not allow me to play the guitar, unless I play ACDC's "
Anyways, our new bathroom is complete - so we no longer have to share one toilet. Things are really amazing presently, and I am noticing and celebrating it as much as possible. I have the most beautiful and compassionate wife in the world, my two boys are the most fun, and resilient children I have ever known, and I live in an old, modest house where I can walk to most things of value. This is it for now, and this is all I
Comments