Busy. busy. busy - but in a really good way. We are sort of plowing through a whole bunch of projects at once these days. Since we put an offer in on this house, which was well over two months ago - we have been dreaming up plans for it. Now we are making those plans into a reality, and I am struggling to remain patient with it. I have a bad habit of just taking the approach of Go! Go! Go! I am a pretty hyper and super energetic dude when it comes to making plans - so I need to chill out a bit. It is not possible to complete every one of these house projects this week, so I intend to keep calm, and carry on.We are in the middle of our bathroom addition, so much of our house is in disarray - to say the least. Noah thinks the funniest part is the fact that we literally have a toilet sitting in our living room. So it goes. Our contractor is a man named Steve, and despite what Jessica may tell you, I did NOT hire him only because he is British. (Though his Anglo-Saxon accent certainly made him a top candidate). He is an organized
, clean, and efficient carpenter who knows his stuff. Also, being from the Old World, working on old homes is his forte. So when he explained to me that he had done renovations on homes from as early as the tenth century - I realized that our "old" 1927 cottage is like a brand new house for him. I mean, the Calvin Coolidge era is one thing. The Æthelred the Unready era is something totally different. . . and totally more rad.
Either way, we are totally in love with our new home, and with our new neighborhood. We take walks every evening with the boys in the wagon - or with Noah riding his scooter (on which he had a truly nasty wreck last week, but lived to ride another day). We tried out the new pub/restaurant that just opened around the corner, called Jack of Hearts, and it was great. Sometimes we walk down to Noah's future kindergarten and play on the playground.
, clean, and efficient carpenter who knows his stuff. Also, being from the Old World, working on old homes is his forte. So when he explained to me that he had done renovations on homes from as early as the tenth century - I realized that our "old" 1927 cottage is like a brand new house for him. I mean, the Calvin Coolidge era is one thing. The Æthelred the Unready era is something totally different. . . and totally more rad.Either way, we are totally in love with our new home, and with our new neighborhood. We take walks every evening with the boys in the wagon - or with Noah riding his scooter (on which he had a truly nasty wreck last week, but lived to ride another day). We tried out the new pub/restaurant that just opened around the corner, called Jack of Hearts, and it was great. Sometimes we walk down to Noah's future kindergarten and play on the playground.
But last night was a bit more business - as our new Ikea dresser arrived - which meant I accepted the challenge to put it together. The Swedes certainly do a great job making cool furniture, and packing it up into tiny little flat boxes. (they also did a good job of taking advantage of Æthelred the Unready, when they invaded England, with help from the Danes. :) Hopefully, tonight will spell out s-u-c-c-e-s-s ( or "framgång" for you Swedes out there ) for our new Hemnes dresser.
Comments