Winston-Salem is a great place to be from. I have often said, if it were not for my falling in love with the mountains - Winston would still be my home.
Then again, in many ways, it will always be my home. My family is there, and my roots run deep. I never forget where I am from. And I was reminded of it on my morning run through Hanes Park and the West End neighborhood, during my visit this weekend.
The fellas at Camel City Goods are doing a wonderful job with the legacy of the Camel City (so named for the RJ Reynolds cigarette invented there). This video provides insight.
Then again, in many ways, it will always be my home. My family is there, and my roots run deep. I never forget where I am from. And I was reminded of it on my morning run through Hanes Park and the West End neighborhood, during my visit this weekend.
The fellas at Camel City Goods are doing a wonderful job with the legacy of the Camel City (so named for the RJ Reynolds cigarette invented there). This video provides insight.
Comments