My wife has always been an artist. Her art was one of the first things that attracted her to me, actually. In 1996, I first visited her house on Mayflower Street, in Greensboro. In her room, she had made a collage art tribute to the great Ani DiFranco. I was amazed by it, and was immediately interested in this person. As I got to know her better, I learned that she was a passionate journalist, and had been filling many books of her writing, drawing, and poetry since she was ten years old. We have also shared a deep passion for photography, which for both of us was cultivated in high school, and has always helped bind us together.
But recently she has started moving closer to her dream of creating art for public consumption. And when she was asked to set up a booth for the local Weaverville Craft Fair this weekend, she agreed. This date has acted as an artistic "due date" for her - and she has been working hard to produce hand painted furniture, photography greeting cards, knickknacks, etc. Her art business is called Hello Little Bungalow.
I have been proud of Jessica for many things, but this ranks as high as any. She is truly putting herself out there, leading with her heart, showing vulnerability with her art, and putting things in the world that were not there before. It is inspiring and beautiful.
I have been proud of Jessica for many things, but this ranks as high as any. She is truly putting herself out there, leading with her heart, showing vulnerability with her art, and putting things in the world that were not there before. It is inspiring and beautiful.

Comments