I started this blog the day that I turned 30 years old, which was seven years ago. At the time, I knew I needed a source of reflection in my life that was public enough to hold me accountable. I did not know how long it would last, or if it would provide the requisite forum for my journaling. But, here we are seven years later, and Field Notes continues to provide what I need. If nothing else, this little blog now acts as my family's personal history compendium - with photos, reflections, and commentary on most events that we have experienced as a family. And we use it as such - accessing our history, as we wrote it.
So, thank you so much for reading this blog, and for providing me the perspective and discipline to document the adventure. Here are my some of my favorite posts from Field Notes (in no particular order):
- Everything is Everything in Asheville - 2007
- Community is My Favorite Word - 2008
- Avery's first week - 2009
- We Can Love Completely - 2010
- I Really Love My Kids - 2010
- Live Ourselves into a New Way of Thinking - 2011
- My Great Grandmother's Cowbell - 2011
- The Move: A Lesson in Growth - 2011
- Moonlight, Running, and Brotherhood - 2012
- Weavervillians - 2013
- My Kids Gave Me Life - 2014
- More Than The Sum of Our Parts - 2014
Comments