The link below is a pretty sweet idea that:
A: raises our vocabulary (I never realized how stupid I was!).
B: feeds people who need it.
This week's playlist:
Rogue Wave (I like this band more everyday)
Be Good Tanyas (Noah loves the song "The Littlest Birds," and so do I)
Band Of Horses (I still can not handle this band - soooo good)
Ben Folds Five (honestly, the drums and bass carry this band)
Maritime (I heard these guys when I was driving through the NC peidmont some months ago. Through habit, I always tune to the Guilford College radio station 90.9 - and of course I discovered a great band)
Portastatic (What Superchunk became)
Jayhawks (Probably my favorite harmonies of any band)
Wilco (Sky Blue Sky is pretty mellow. They are getting older. But then again, aren't we all. . )
Japancakes (instrumental brilliance - they covered ALL of MBV "Loveless")
The Stone Roses (They sound pretty dated now, but they wrote some pop masterpieces)
AND, We got a light dusting of snow this morning, but could use a real snowfall. We have the snowboards, the boots, and the motivation - just give us the snow!
Comments