
So Noah's little school had their Holiday Program/potluck tonight. Each class got up in the front of the church and sang a song. Noah's class went on first. Jessica and I were sitting in a pew waiting with baited breath. I ran to the front with out camera to try to get a glimpse of him walking in with his peeps. We bought him a new, red holiday shirt last night specifically for this occasion. We were both just so excited to see him up there. I was very nervous. (I was also scared that once he saw us he would attempt to leap, catlike, the front two pews on his way to us.) But when he walked in, he simply looked excited. His eyes were surveying the scene with much curiosity. (He reminds of us Curious George when he gets that look.) He was sporting his red shirt, and (like the rest of his class) was wearing a baker's hat. They walked to the front hands held, and then he spotted me. He said, "Daddy!" and smiled. But then he stood with his class as they sang "The Muffin Man." He was in charge of playing the shaker. He did great. Once the song ended, the crowd went crazy! Our Noah then walked over to us and gave us hugs. I was so proud of him. I got choked up. I don't really know why, except that this type of thing is what we dreamed about when we had a child. He just looked so beautiful up there with all the other little kids. We then all stood together, watched the other classes, and cheered. The entire program lasted 7 minutes. Afterwards we congregated with the other families, and Noah drank punch with orange sherbert in it. Then he ran around in circles with all the other kids for half an hour. Though nothing of note transpired tonight, I will never forget it.
Comments