
So we had a little Holiday party in my classes, as well as at Noah's school today. In each of my classes we play the "white elephant" game." It is the one where you bring gag gifts (less than $5), and at each turn you may choose to steal someone else's previous gift, or take your chances on a wrapped gift. It is funny, brutal, and everyone had a great time. I love my students very much, and many of you may be wondering why I am using classtime to organize games such as these. But the truth is that games like these transform a classroom into a community. And once that happens, we give meaning to one another. And that is how we learn.
Anyways, Noah's party was the best. Jessica and I met there and ate cookies and such. Noah was stoked when we first arrived, and even took me around his playground, showing and demonstrating each device. He was pretty proud. So we were giving some gifts to his teachers when one of them said,"What I love about Noah is that he thinks most everything is funny. He just laughs all the time, and some days you really need to hear that."
Noah, if you ever read this, know that I could not be more proud of you.
Comments