
So, I am just a little embarrased to say that NPR released it's Listener Selected Top 25 Albums of 2007 and I not only agreed with most of it - but actually own over half of their list. I mean, it includes Ryan Adams, The White Stripes, Band of Horses, Tegan and Sara, Rilo Kiley, Bright Eyes, The New Pornographers, The Shins, Spoon, Wilco, Feist - AHHH! This is too weird. It has confirmed that I am totally stereotypical at this point in my life. Apparently, I am the average NPR listener. Case in point: I like the music that NPR people like. (You know when All Things Considered plays 40 - 50 second music clips in their breaks? I totally look many of these songs up and buy them - example: Ratatat) I drive a Subaru, which many NPR people drive. I am not Republican. I read NPR's recommended books (Example, One of my top 5 favorite books is Cross Country: Fifteen Years and 90,000 Miles on the Roads and Interstates of America with Lewis and Clark, a lot of bad motels, a moving van, Emily Post, Jack Kerouac, my wife, my mother-in-law, two kids, and enough coffee to kill an elephant. NPR's Fresh Air did a great interview with author Robert Sullivan) I subscribe to NPR podcasts. And the thing is: I am okay with this. I always look forward to listening to NPR on the way to school in the morning, and I do not care if I am a walking stereotype. So, okay.
BUT - MY number one album is not Radiohead. I have to go with The Shins - Wincing The Night Away. They took it to the next level.
Comments