
I had a conversation today about the old videogame, Galaga. Do you remember it? Back in 1998, I knew that I loved Jessica. She had "it", and I didn't even know what "it" was. I knew she liked Fugazi, and that was good. I knew she frequented Tate Street Coffee, and that was good. I knew she could dance, and that was good.
But when I first saw her play Galaga, I knew that she was a special human being. She did not "play" the game, she destroyed it. She did not use the joystick, she became it. She attacked the space-age sky of Galaga like a pitbull. I still love to watch her play, when given the chance. She takes it seriously, and it is art. She approaches most things in her life with the same tenacity as Galaga. If you would like to challenge her to a game. . .well, Good Day Sir.
I said, Good Day Sir.
Comments