So we have successfully moved. The Grahams are now South Ashevillians, as opposed to our previous West Ashevillians. (Wow, if you change one letter we bcome South Ashe-villains.) Though it scares me to even say this: the move went very smoothly. It was a lot of work, but not scary stressful, as I feared it may be. In addition, the stars sort of aligned for us as the gas crisis eased and our new neighborhood (Forest Lake - yes there is a lake, and it is surrounded by forest, so. . yeah, a fitting name, huh?) just happened to hold their annual cookout on the day we moved in. So, we got to move in and meet our neighbors in one great moment. One of our neighbors brought us brownies, and another brought us some fresh tuna. People are just damn nice, and we are some lucky folks. This whole move has just made me reflect on all of the help and support we get from those around us. There is nothing that compares to a community, and I just feel lucky to be a part of something like that. There is a beautiful feeling when you know that there is a small place for you in a larger system. The trouble comes when you no longer believe in the system - then it gets complicated. But the systems in which I am a part - ie: neighborhood, school, family, friends, church, daycare, businesses, etc - I trust in them. In times of stress, like moving, these fellowships lift us and carry us to the next step. I honestly feel like we have made it through the "treacherous waters" and have arrived at that next step. So Thank You.Noah has taken to our new house like a kid in a candy store. He just wants to stay outside and play, play, play. He has a large (a pretty flat) back yard to run in, a driveway to ride his scooter in, neighborhood friends to play with, a lake to feed the ducks in, and backyard access to the Mountains To Sea Trail to hike on (see pic). He is just so happy, and is even sleeping well in his new room. Again, we are some lucky bastards. A happy Noah = a happy family. He did scrape up his entire face and knees yesterday when he fell in mid-sprint down our driveway. Noah has two speeds: sleep and Turbocharge. It rules.
Oh Yeah - yesterday Noah and I were driving around looking for a new playground that we heard about. I had to turn around twice because I was confused. Noah, who had been silent in the back seat for about 10 minutes, says (exact words), "Are you having a little bit of trouble Daddy?" I answered, Yes. It was hilarious.
Comments