I love the Fall. It is beautiful in Asheville, and it makes me appreciate living in the NC mountains more than ever. It reminds me of weekends at Camp Laurel Ridge - where our youth group spent much time in the Fall. This was an exceptionally interesting Fall weekend for us. First, Aunt Mel Mel came into town so Noah was crazy excited. Next, Jessica's high school friends came to stay in Black Mountain, and they all spent the day together on Saturday. Next, Barack Obama (who is staying in Asheville this week to prepare for his debate on Tuesday) held a rally of over 10,000 people at Asheville High. Though she was dying to go, Jessica was nice enough to hang with Noah while I attended. Not to get all political on ya, but it was truly an amazing experience. 
In the meantime, all three of us are feeling a bit under the weather. Hopefully we can get back to 100% soon. Noah is doing well, but has learned to push back a bit more lately, ie: his favorite new phrase is, " But I don't want to." He uses it a lot and to much effect. Sometimes he adds a whiney stress to the word "want." It is challenging us to exercise more patience. Refer to the aforementioned "all three of us are feeling a bit under the weather" and it becomes clear that patience is not in surplus around our house. He has also been avoiding naps, and waking up early. But, it makes sense. I mean, we have a lot of stuff going on, and this weekend was full. But the best defense is a good offense, so I bought a new coffee maker. :)
Comments