Well, the adventure is off to a fine start. Avery is a relaxed baby. He eats well, sleeps a lot, and looks around. Of course, as I am writing this - I am totally afraid of a jinx. (So, I may have to come back to this post and delete the above sentences to change the voodoo. So if you are lucky enough to have read the above, consider yourself...well... lucky :)). Anyways, older brother Noah is having a grand time with baby Avery. He likes to help, play with him, and give us reports on his general well being, ie: Avery is asleep, Avery is hungry, Avery's eyes are open, or Avery is fine. Noah is also back into his general groove of life as well - sleeping, eating, and just being the happy kid that he typically is. Jessica is recovering well, and quickly. She is working hard to give Noah lots of individual attention, and he is requiring it.
But generally, it is sort of fun to attempt and establish our new weekday routine, as far as times to wake up, and how we navigate this terrain with both Avery and Noah. We are trying to be creative. I am taking Noah to school now, which means that he has to wake up much earlier. We placed a clock/radio/cd player in his room. I made him a "wake up" cd with 10 of his favorite, mellow songs. It includes the Beatles, Fiest, Dan Zanes, Be Good Tanyas, and other kid music. My plan has sort of backfired though, as Noah just wants to lay in the bed longer so that he can listen to the music. (So, tomorrow I will start the music before I get in the shower, then he will have time to hear at least 5 songs.) We welcome any suggestions that any of you folks may have concerning
raising two boys. We have made it one week, what now?
Comments