
I feel good again!! WOOOO HOOOO! I have been sick for a week now, and I was pretty grumpy about it. I can not stand being sick, it makes being a teacher REALLY difficult, and as most of you know - when you are a parent, sickness is totally unacceptable. So, I sort of lost a week of my normal life the last 7 days - making it that much more of a joy to wake up today and feel ...normal. The problem is that Jessica feels terrible. . . and this is a real problem. We are guessing she has a sinus infection, and she is already extremely pregnant - which means that this is unfair. And for those of you keeping count, we could have a baby at any moment right now. Due to Jessica's unplanned, emergency C-section with Noah - we have a scheduled C-section at 7:30am on Thursday, March 19. But there is always the possibility that Jessica could go into labor before that - so car seats are installed, bags are packed, and grandparents are on call. So, things are totally crazy, and we need to have Jessica feeling as well as possible ASAP. Go away Winter, with your sickness and cold days.
To add to the general insanity, Noah fell into the lake yesterday, while we were feeding the ducks. He was fine, as the edge of the lake is only about 6 - 10 inches deep, and I was standing right beside him, lifting him out before he was totally wet. But it scared the freak out of him (and me a bit too), and it is never good for Jessica to hear Noah screaming as we walk on to the front porch. Anyways - I did not win any daddy points yesterday, and most likely lost some.
The good news is that we are having a baby, and I am totally excited about it. I can't wait, really. In addition, Superchunk has an EP of their first new material in 7 years coming out in April. AND - it is going to be a sunny 75 degrees all weekend. Spring is coming our way, and I am ready - hence my picture of the mountains in bloom here, which they are not yet - but will be soon.
Comments