
We picked up these two horoscope magnets at Greenlife last week - the star signs of each of our boys. (Noah - Scorpio, Avery - Pisces). We do not put a lot of stock in such things, but they are fun as hell. Noah is already fulfilling his scorpio prophecy, but as for Avery we will just have to wait and see. Jessica is so Aquarius it will scare you, and if you read anything about a Gemini ( especially the bad side) it will probably include my picture.
Aside from that, Avery has some reflux and gas that are giving him some daily trouble, but overall he is still just as chilled as a popsicle. Jessica is loving being home with the little guy. They take walks every day, often with our neighbor, Erica. Noah has been in a great mood for three straight weeks now, so it is awesome.
I am doing well, but this is one of my most stressful times of year - as my students have their AP World History Exam in less than two weeks. I take it seriously, and I hold myself responsible for providing each of them sufficient preparation. So I am in the thick of review sessions, grading, and longer hours. (and here is a short tirade: Not to mention that the state of NC is strapped for cash and has cut teacher pay 0.5%, and raised insurance deductibles, James Johnson left Wake to declare for the draft, the swine flu is doing whatever it is doing, the Celtics may not win this series with the Bulls, and I missed the Deathcab show at Davidson College. ) But, Camera Obscura has a new record, Melissa brought us a great new cushion for our porch swing, we just planted some new shrubs in our yard, and it rained just in time - so all is well that ends well.
Comments