It has finally stopped raining around here, and that means that we have been outside
constantly. As we have had a pretty jammed up schedule lately, we have been unable to get everything done around the house in a timely fashion. But yesterday I was able to get Noah a new swing, and installed it under the deck, so that he swings out over the yard. The sweetest thing is that the yard has a significant drop off, giving the sensation that he is flying exceptionally high. He likes it when people stand under him, and he flies over their heads. It was a simple thing, hangin up the swing - but it made me feel like a DAD, ya know? And everytime I feel like a Dad, I feel good.
I hung up Avery's little baby swing beside Noah's, but we have yet to put him in it. My guess is that he will like it, because he LOVES to be outdoors. No matter what is going on with him, if you take him outside, he will look around and smile. I guess there really is nothing like mountain air, huh? He and Jessica take these grueling walks every day throughout our neighborhood, which is over the hills and far way. Jessica always feel great about exercising, and Avery just loves to be outdoors - do this is win-win.
School is coming to an end, and the kids are great, (We are getting our class t-shirt this week. They have Robo-Cop riding a Unicorn, and various other ridiculous images on them. I will wear it with pride.) but the mood is a nightmare. Our system announced the real possibility of layoffs last week, and some of my good friends (without tenure) have been told that they may not be back. I have never seen anything like this in my adult life, so it hit me hard. Being in education, it is easy to fall nto the "bubble" mentality, concerning the outside world - as out salaries are generally unaffected by market forces. But presently, we are all in the same boat.
So I am ready for the summer - just the being around water, and friends, freshly mowed grass,etc.
As far as my playlist these days, it looks like this: Guster, Camera Obscura, Sigur Ros, Vetiver, Spoon, Coldplay, and lots of 1970's funk.
constantly. As we have had a pretty jammed up schedule lately, we have been unable to get everything done around the house in a timely fashion. But yesterday I was able to get Noah a new swing, and installed it under the deck, so that he swings out over the yard. The sweetest thing is that the yard has a significant drop off, giving the sensation that he is flying exceptionally high. He likes it when people stand under him, and he flies over their heads. It was a simple thing, hangin up the swing - but it made me feel like a DAD, ya know? And everytime I feel like a Dad, I feel good. I hung up Avery's little baby swing beside Noah's, but we have yet to put him in it. My guess is that he will like it, because he LOVES to be outdoors. No matter what is going on with him, if you take him outside, he will look around and smile. I guess there really is nothing like mountain air, huh? He and Jessica take these grueling walks every day throughout our neighborhood, which is over the hills and far way. Jessica always feel great about exercising, and Avery just loves to be outdoors - do this is win-win.

School is coming to an end, and the kids are great, (We are getting our class t-shirt this week. They have Robo-Cop riding a Unicorn, and various other ridiculous images on them. I will wear it with pride.) but the mood is a nightmare. Our system announced the real possibility of layoffs last week, and some of my good friends (without tenure) have been told that they may not be back. I have never seen anything like this in my adult life, so it hit me hard. Being in education, it is easy to fall nto the "bubble" mentality, concerning the outside world - as out salaries are generally unaffected by market forces. But presently, we are all in the same boat.
So I am ready for the summer - just the being around water, and friends, freshly mowed grass,etc.
As far as my playlist these days, it looks like this: Guster, Camera Obscura, Sigur Ros, Vetiver, Spoon, Coldplay, and lots of 1970's funk.
Comments