
So, Mr. T and I celebrated a birthday a few days ago. I am now 32 years old, and I feel pretty damn good. ( I always feel better when I realize that I share a birthday with Mr. Freakin' T. I pity the fool who doesn't recognize the greatness of that) Noah was more excited about my birthday than anyone, but we all enjoyed ourselves. Jessica believes that everyone gets a week long birthday celebration, so officially I am still at it. Jessica made me a carrot cake, we did some gift giving, and we grabbed out neighbors and headed to Mamacitas for some yummy burritos. All of the five kids who were in attendance were going crazy, and chaos ensued. I was very happy to be there.

But all was not well, as Jessica's cousin passed away suddenly on Thursday. It was very painful for the family, and remains an open wound. We all travelled to Charlotte for the Memorial services over the weekend. I am not at a point where I can reflect on this event, but suffice to say that his death was a tragedy-and the courage, expressions of gratitude, and outpouring of support at the memorial service left an impression on me that I will never forget.

From there, we went to Winston-Salem to cook out with the Graham gang. We played in the water, challenged everyone in Four Square, ate burgers, and took Noah and Avery to Reynolda Gardens (one of my favorite places in North Carolina, the setting for many episodes in a misspent youth) to run around and look at flowers. All of the kids who were in attendance were going crazy, and chaos ensued. I was happy to be there.
And check out this hilarious pic of Avery, sitting in his Bumbo seat. Our little dude has doubled his birthweight, learning to smile, and is feeling good.
Comments