So, we accidentally booked ourselves up for the last few weeks of summer. This happens from time to time, and has led to a fast paced week, with a LOT of time in the ol' Subaru Outback. We returned from Hilton Head on Saturday, Aug 1. We headed to Winston-Salem on Friday, Aug. 8 to drop Noah and Matt (my brother) and Jennifer's house to stay the night, then dropped Avery at my parents house. Within the hour, we had left for Charlotte. There we met our friends Betsy and Jeff at this sweet restaurant called "The Penguin." (seriously, this place has fried bologna sandwiches, footlongs...but most importantly - I played the following songs on the jukebox: Search and Destroy by the Stooges, Highway to Hell by AC/DC, and The Trooper by Iron Maiden. We also heard the Cure, Motorhead.) We then drove to the ampitheater to see Coldplay - who was great. From there, we drove back to my parent's house to reunite with Avery. We picked Noah up in the morning and ate pancakes. Then we returned home on Saturday. I do not remember what happened on Sunday. 
On Monday, Avery had his first (partial) day of daycare. It went well, and he ate and slept like a champ. So we took both of the boys to their respective schools on Tuesday and Wednesday, and we painted our living room, foyer, and hallway. We touched up the paint on Thursday, and then I drove Jessica and Avery to Spartanburg to meet up with her sister, Melissa, so they could drive to Charleston (via Myrtle Beach...long story) for the weekend, where they would meet up with all of the other women in their family.
So here we are. Jessica and Avery are in Charleston. Noah and I are here at home. And we return to school this week. Busy, busy, busy.
ps: Not only did I get to go mountain biking yesterday (my neighbor Tim destroyed me), but I was able to go see 500 Days of Summer at the new Carolina theater - excellent movie and cool theater.
Comments