The kids are back. The classroom is clean (for once). The syllabus is copied. The textbooks are stacked up. The Freshmen are scared. The Seniors are cocky. I am so excited I could scream. AND, Avery only woke up ONE TIME last night!!!! His sleeping has been a real challenge as of late, and many believe that there may be a dairy AND soy allergy at work with our little baby. But, either way, he slept wonderfully last night. So, on this, the first day of school, Jessica and I feel pretty rested. And Noah? Well, Noah is still amazing - and whatever he is doing, is probably thinking about Peter Pan right now.
Eating a ginormous burrito at El Farolito in San Francisco, 2004 I LOVE burritos. It is a passion that I share with my brother, and we actively seek out a quality burrito in almost every place we visit (Jessica is more of a Fish Taco kind of gal, but she enjoys burritos as well). My love affair began around the age of 18, in the parking lots of Phish shows - where I could find any number of amazing burritos, cooked up on a dirty Coleman stove. I just loved the explosion of flavor (and surprise) that came with each burrito I ate in those years. One of the the first times I visited Asheville for a few days in college, I came across Rio Burrito, a now defunct burrito-specific shop on Biltmore Avenue. I went there all the time, and got to know all the nice folk who worked there. So, I was quite disappointed when they shut it down - so much so that I wrote about it here. But when Mamacitas opened in downtown Asheville in Spring 2004, I was smitten...
Comments