I stole this great photo from over at The Rockstar Diaries - an amazing blog. Both Jessica and I are readers. We love books, so we have always enjoyed reading to our children. But specifically reading to my children is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. And though we are often reading books when all of us are pretty tired, after fun days of play, I love it so much. Noah loves books - and nowadays the Magic Tree House chapter books are most captivating to him. I love them too, as they always mix in plenty of geeky historical facts to get me through.Avery has recently come to LOVE reading books, while in laps. He loves any text with a moon, trains, or animals - and we have plenty of all.
The thing about reading to your kids is that it provides an opportunity to mutually enjoy creativity - to learn, and talk about what you just read.
What are your favorite books these days?
Comments