
I realize that I am writing a lot about rock bands lately, and I promise to stop soon enough -
BUT. . .
I listened to Squatweiler yesterday. My God.
They were from Winston-Salem. They broke up , like, 8 years ago. Though most would deem them "punk,"they always argued that they were more "rock," - just very, very, punky-sounding rock. They could be the hardest rocking band in the history of the world. One of the luckiest things I can say about my life is that I opened for Squatweiler when I was in high school. Now granted I was an idiot, playing guitar for what was (at best) a pretty horrible punk band - but the fact remains that I was lucky enough to share the stage with these dinosaurs of rock. . . in a kid's basement. (The fact that their guitarist was completing his student teaching at my high school did not hurt). Their music is difficult to find, but do your best. Do your best.
On another note, our buddy Jason is playing a show ( fairly soon) at the Sylvia Theater in York, SC. Check out his website: www.jasonbroadwater.com
Comments