
Greenlife is a health food grocery store/deli/coffee shop/bakery/sushi bar/farmer's market/etc in Asheville. Jessica, Noah , and I absolutely love this place and spend an inordinate amount of time and money there. One of my favorite thigns to do is to drop by Greenlife on my way to school in the morning. This morning I strolled in and grabbed some fair trade coffee, a bagel, and some bananas to snack on. It is a positive place. I most always see someone that we know, and I always leave feeling good about my place in the world. Noah loves it too, mostly because they have grocery carts with built-in race cars, allowing him to "drive" around the store. But the giant chocolate chip cookies don't hurt either. :)
When on the written page, that previous sentence seems to border on ridiculous - considering I am talking about a grocerer. But it has always been important to me to find the greatness in the everyday. Though I often fail and end up feeling like Mr. Grumpilicious - Greenlife is something that I can hang my hat of happiness on. In many ways, stores like Greenlife are doing much to create a new paradigm for grocery stores. As Wal-Mart established it's model and steadily grabbed market share from the local grocerers, it is refreshing to see stores like Greenlife actively seeking out another way.
Comments