
Jessica, Noah and I took some time out of our Saturday to eat at Eaties, Asheville's Cereal Bar. Yeah I know that most people think this is a somewhat ridiculous idea - to open a place that serves nothing but bowls of cereal and coffee - but I am here to tell you that it is pretty amazing. Noah chose Crunch Berries (wise beyond his years), Jessica mixed up Fruity Pebbles with Frosted Flakes (2 points for creativity!), and I went with the(while not glamourous, certainly proven) Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Eaties has a unique and relaxing vibe, including lots of coloring books, crayons, stuffed animals, couches, bean bags, boardgames (including Candyland - so my sister will be happy), and retro cartoons playing all day Saturday (more on this in a moment, but if you know who the character in the picture is, you are in luck). It is just so. . .Asheville.
Anyways, we met our friends Mike and Dede (who brought their kids along) and we were treated to some delightful episodes of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (I am not going to lie, I requested it). I was a HUGE fan of this show in my younger days, even owning a Castle Grayskull and the Slimepit. And, though He-Man was alledgedly the "most powerful man in the universe" - Skeletor still packs a punch. And for the record, my seeing Skeletor on a screen again was one of the better experiences of the weekend (and I had a really great weekend!). So, even though it was only for an hour and a half, I was able to relive some fine childhood days. So, if you are ever in town, and if you have the means - I highly recommend Eaties.
Comments