
In the middle of another busy week. My students are taking their AP World History Exam this Thursday, so the stress level is quite elevated. (The AP exams are administered by the College Board - the same organization who does the SAT - and are given on the same day across the United States). That means extra after school review sessions, extra help on essays, grading, etc. My students now seem as ready as they will ever be, and we are beginning to focus more on going to see the new Indiana Jones movie as a class next week (which I am crazy excited about. I mean Indy is one of my heroes - he made the study of history...cool). Anyways, here is a really funny article about procrastination that some of you may enjoy. Honestly, I am not a big procrastinator - but Jessica totally is. That's right, I called her out. I'll do it again. I'm a rebel. In college, she really did write her papers about 1 hour before they were due. And she really did make As on them. And it really was annoying. :)
Noah has really turned a verbal corner in the past week. He is talking ALL THE TIME, and he can communicate like a normal (though very small) person. He has learned like a million new words since last week. We can no longer keep up. It is pretty amazing. His imagination is also in hyperdrive. He pretends all the time - pretends that he is a pirate, pretends that there are witches in the woods, pretends that there are lakes in the living room, etc. It is so much fun though. We built a Star Wars fort and searched for "buried treasure" (which was a tiny chocolate bar) using a map of Washington DC and a Pooh Bear. I hope we do it again tonight.
Comments