So Jessica and I went canoeing this morning for our 7 Year anniversary. We just did a seven mile trip down the ol' French Broad. We both agreed that it was probably the coolest anniversary we have had - as we just relaxed, talked, reflected on our last decade together, took in the sights, and paddled. We have built a great life together and honestly still love to be around each other. I look forward to it all the time. I can not imagine a much better situation. We are so damn lucky. We both used to talk more about the "other shoe dropping" because we feel , again, too damn lucky. But now we just try to roll with it a bit more (insert Steve Winwood reference here).Anyways, things have been going well so far this summer. Everything smells like suntan lotion, Noah is playing as hard as he can, and he is jumping into the pool like a wild man now. He still loves the water, and that is yet another activity that brings us closer. He has also started sneaking off to my guitar, stealing my picks, and hiding them. As of today, I have no more guitar picks, that I can find. Hilarious. He is still all about cicadas. He picks them up and carries them everywhere. We made a little house outside for his cicadas.
Quick Update: The weather is great right now, in the high 70s and breezy. I am playing Ultimate Frisbee on Wednesday nights. We are getting some work done to our house (namely the bathrooms) as we inch closer to putting it on the (terrible) market. The Boston Celtics won the championship. Jeff and I went and saw the Breeders last week (they were good). Noah's new favorite food is a bagel with veggie cream cheese. Jessica's favorite food is still a hamburger. Both Noah and Jessica got me a book for Father's Day ("I Love My Daddy" and Vonnegut's new one, repectively). So, things are pretty good.
Comments