Skip to main content

How Bout Them Apples?



We have an Apple Tree in our backyard. Noah is excited about it. We collect apples every few days. Noah calls them "baby apples" because they are still quite small. So here he is with a baby apple , just before he threw it as hard as he could across the yard. He wants you to see it. He is the man.

We are embarking on a new adventure in our house called "getting someone to come replace our bathroom floors and various other things that we should have done to our house 5 years ago, but didn't, because we are slackers." As previously mentioned, we are getting dangerously close to putting our house on the market. So, we are doing things that need to be done. But I am not enjoying it. at all. The whole thing is a bit overwhelming, scary, and just a pain in the ass. Anyways, we just got back from a trip to both Home Depot and Lowe's for the second time in two days. I need some coffee and heavy metal. Here is some Iron Maiden for you. As for the coffee, you are own your own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Im 30....seriously.

I am turning 30 today. So in the spirit of reflecting on these first 30 years of living, I am starting this blog. So, to begin - I shall update my status in life (this sounds complicated, so I will just try this in "list form."): Noah = greatest thing that ever happened to me. having a child was like an act of god, immediatly enacting a revolution on my perspective. Everyone tells you that " it is going to change everything." But I think I internalized that in a way that seemed to say ... things outside of me would change ie: schedules, sleeping, finaces, etc. Those things do change. But I did not accept that it would be ME that would go through the most profound changes. What I mean is, that the world itself has not shifted, but my view of that world (like Picasso in his Cubist period) has been transformed. It has been a traumatic shift for me, but in a beautiful way. Stop everything. "Icky Thump" by the White Stripes just came on the ipod. Sweet Jesus t...

What is Noah doing these days?

What is Noah is doing these days? 1. Noah is obsessed with water. (By "water" - I mean it's properties, temperature, drinkability, etc.) He has always loved to drink water - even more than milk, juice, or whiskey (just kidding!). Anyways, as the weather has warmed he is enjoying the garden hose, creeks, sprinkler, pool, and the sink. Basically, playing in the water is all that he wants to do. Thus, he starts swimming lessons in two weeks. 2. Noah LOVES to be outdoors. He refers to the outdoors as "Bubbles." Though we used to blow bubbles often outside, this is not a daily activity. But Noah insists that the outside is "Bubbles." He also enjoys going on hikes in Daddy's backpack - especially if there is a stream involved. (see above obsession.) 3. Noah now recognizes the following Star Wars characters, machines, droids, etc: Darth Vader, Yoda, Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, X-Wing Fighter, Chewbacca, and a TIE Fighter. I am a little bit excited about t...

Ben's May 24 Playlist

1. Grand Champeen (see the side photo - even it rocks) - "Dial T For This" Okay, Grand Champeen is my favorite band these days. Jessica, Jason B, and I saw them in Charlotte a few years ago and it still ranks as one of the the most amazing rock shows I have ever seen. This new album is the next level. They make albums like their life depends on it. 2. Portastatic - "Be Still Please" I will always have a soft spot for Merge records, and anything relating to Superchunk. 3. Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky" - This new Wilco album is an enjoyable listen. I am liking it much more than "A Ghost is Born." Even though I heard that a reviewer called it "the best album the Eagles never made..." What? Put down the Crack. 4. The Hives "Your New Favourite Band" - No one rocks harder than the Hives...no one. I think it is because they are Swedish. When your home country is known most for Volvo, ABBA, and losing the Great Northern Wa...