
Today was a good day. We took Noah to his first movie on the big screen. Beaucatcher Theater (here in Asheville) shows free kids movies every Tuesday and Wednesday all summer long. Beautiful. Especially because we can leave at any point without guilt. We went to Charlotte's Web today. Noah was into it for about 35 minutes, then he decided that he wanted to leave. Upon his confirmation of this sentiment, we headed for the door. Once we had left and were headed elsewhere, he exploded into a crying fit because he "wanted to watch the movie." Bummer. Anyways, I was able to get in a nice trail run at Bent Creek this afternoon. The weather was great and I felt good. We hit the pool again, and I scored some more great music and books at the amazing Asheville Library (including: The Smiths, My Morning Jacket, Sebadoh, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Sonic Youth, Ray Charles, and a kids book - The Gingerbread Cowboy.)
Overall, things are good. We got caught in a rain storm yesterday and it was awesome. We all giggled about it, as we got drenched. We came home, placed all of our wet clothes on a Winston Cigarettes pool towel (that I stole from my sister in the 10th grade. She smoked Winstons like a chimney back then. Now the towel just reminds me of her. Maybe I should feel guilty about exposing my child to this tobacco advertising? Well, maybe - but when your entire extended family lives in a city of the same name one's hands are pretty much tied.), and ate Jessica's home made banana bread. Noah sat on the couch with his dinosaurs, banana bread, water, and puppy dog (see pic). We are all looking forward to our trip to Lake Wylie this weekend with our friends. I am totally bringing a Slip n Slide. I mean, when it comes to the SnS, you are either with us, or you are against us. So what's it gonna be?
Comments