I know, I know...I never post on this blog. It's almost laughable how someone like myself, who is so in love with the written word, and also spends a good deal of time on the Internet, cannot squeak out a blog entry from time to time. So yes, go ahead and laugh. When you are done with your ridicule, let me know...Anyway, as Ben mentioned, he has been gone for well over a week at this point, pursuing wonderfully nerdy adventures in Colorado. While I remain jealous that Noah and I could not board the plane with him, (much less even see him off at the gate...my how airport security has changed since last I have flown!) we have been happy for him to have an adventure, and see the sights of somewhere new. All niceties aside, we have missed him like freakin' crazy, and will be so very happy when he returns to us with his all-encompassing laughter, fun-loving spirit, and all-around-amazing-husband-and daddiness. We are beyond lonesome without him.
Noah and I even developed this little game (everything in our house is a game, for all of you that aren't the least bit surprised) where we try to compete with who misses daddy the most. So I start by saying, "I miss daddy!" (emphasis on the I, like there is no way in hell Noah could top that). And Noah (in true Hodge-Graham competitive fashion) responds with "No, I miss daddy!" We continue these rounds of competitive loss until we are giggling and smiling, and biding our time with silly antics until Ben does indeed return and we can all go back to building blanket forts and lincoln log towers (two things that Ben takes the cake on).
It being hot as Hades here, Noah and I did spend the afternoon busting out the new water hose, and hooking that baby up for some good 'ole summertime splashing. We made mud puddles, soaked each other, and I'm sure amused the elderly neighbors with our squeals of delight. It's been good Mama-Noah bonding time this week: we've laughed, and played, and visited with friends, and ate sugary treats...but without our third partner in crime, it's obvious a giant piece of our beloved puzzle is missing.
Comments