
We had an enjoyable weekend. Jessica and I gave Noah the gift of hanging out with the babysitter (Emily) for a few hours on Saturday night while we enjoyed the company of adults at a wedding. When you teach at a high school, cool babysitters are not hard to find. Emily and Noah seemed to have a great time. We had a good time at the wedding. We ate, talked, danced, and laughed a lot with friends. It was cool. Noah had a particularly grumpy day yesterday though. It is funny how we tried all day to figure out what was wrong with him, to no avail. Why is it difficult for me to realize that sometimes 2 year olds wake up on the wrong side of bed too? Oh well, so it goes. We still worked in a trip to the pool yesterday. Noah is getting braver and crazier around the water. It is amazing , yet scary as hell. He seems to be having a better day today.
I just picked up HBO's John Adams DVD to watch over the next few weeks. I am crazy excited about it. I usually try to work in some mindless TV watching in the summer. Seriously, I make a concerted effort. Though John Adams seems to be anything but mindless, I am excited about settling into the blue couch with some chips and salsa for a viewing.
In the meantime I am reading this book called A Whole New Mind. It is about how right-brained people will play a more important role in our culture throughout the next 20 - 30 years. I recommend it. Next up is Kurt Vonnegut's Armageddon in Retrospect . I love Vonnegut.
Comments