Avery turned two years old this past Saturday. It is overwhelming to imagine his growing up, but he truly is. I know everyone says this, but it seems like yesterday that he was born and I wrote this. He talks so much now, and is able to demonstrate much independence. And since the tube operation - he is just in a much better mood.We tried to choose his presents based solely on what he loves. So, he got some more trains, bubbles, candy, and basketball stuff. He is all boy, this one. We had a party for him this past Friday afternoon at his school. Noah paid a visit to "the baby room" as he calls it, to be with Avery for Thomas the Train cupcakes (at which point Avery found the actual train, and hoisted it up as if to say "Cheers!") Avery licked off all of the icing, and carried around his little Percy choo choo the rest of the evening. We then tried to make Saturday his favorite day, by all (both parents, Noah, and Josey the cat) playing with his new
train set together, eating candy (specifically Pocky and ring pops), going to the park, and topping it all off with Asheville Pizza - which he adores.I realized this past weekend that I could not envision our family without Avery, to the point that it is really difficult to remember what we were like before he came into our lives. And more importantly, I do no want to envision anything without my boys, and my sweetheart. I get more than I deserve. Happy Birthday Avery.
Comments