So, I am reading a lot of books lately. As part of our family's "simplifying our lives project," we turned off the TV. Don't get me wrong, we still watch television - just not nearly as much as we used to. We have had a TV in our bedroom for a while (as it was left over from our TV upgrade in the family room), but we have decided to give it away, and return to having only one TV in the house. We just believe that function truly follows the form - so we want to form our house with less television.The boys still watch some cartoons in the mornings, but that usually is all they get per day (unless we hit an emergency situation where only Toy Story 3 will get us through:). And it being the beginning of March Madness, I will be guilty of taking in some basketball. But aside from that - we are all spening more quality time together. And everyone is happy about it. We spend more time on the floor, and play more games. We create more art, and (nowadays) we clean out and pack.
And as for Jessica and I - we read more books. It is not that we stopped reading, as we have always remained avid readers. But now we simply have more time to do it. We are consistently buying books again, and Jessica has joined a book club. I am revisiting Anne Lamott's catalogue, and enjoying some great fiction. Jessica just bought this new book called Organized Simplicity - which we are both excited about reading. Apparently, it is about beginning things intentionally, with the end in mind, by defining your family purpose. Then it provides some " how to" on "living simply." It sounds good - we'll see.
So we are constantly looking for new books to devour. What have you been reading lately?
Comments
I hope you and the fam are doing great! It's very cool that you're moving to downtown Weaverville, hope the move goes smoothly for you. I'd be happy to come speak to a class or two when I get back, so long as I can use the phrase "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?" more than is probably necessary.