Dear Avery: When you came into our lives 19 months ago, we had no idea what you would be like. But aside from our overwhelming adoration of you, one of our primary hopes for you was that you would love (and be loved by) your older brother. I see that dream come true every day. You are an incredible child, and everyday your personality pops out of your little body and demands to be recognized. I love that you never get tired of sitting in my lap and reading books, and that if you do - I can grab you and flip you upside down, and you will laugh so loudly that you can be heard in Nevada.And I am proud of you for always pushing yourself to elevate your game. You see no barriers to the world, and will try to jump off couches, brush your teeth, catch a football, drink out of an adult sized cup, and retrieve your own food. You make messes a lot - and we clean them up. But it is really hard to get angry, because you just want to stretch yourself, and that often results in mistakes. But that is why we are all here son. To make mistakes, and then get better. I hope that you will hold on to that beautiful drive for the rest of your life. I also hope that I can be the type of father who will support you in that effort. I love you sweet prince.
Comments