Most of my family came up from Winston-Salem, and we were all so happy to see them. My parents and Sam stayed at our house on Saturday night - so Noah continued his celebration with a sleepover that included presents, go-cart rides, a fire, and marshmallow roasting. We woke up on Sunday to the comforting smell of coffee, cinnamon rolls, and Sausage and egg casserole. Everyone returned to
their respective homes after lunch, and Noah requested to go to the Health Adventure for some play. We obliged in the afternoon, and had a marvelous time. Then, we picked up an extra hour of sleep, and our little Noah is now officially 5 years old!
Eating a ginormous burrito at El Farolito in San Francisco, 2004 I LOVE burritos. It is a passion that I share with my brother, and we actively seek out a quality burrito in almost every place we visit (Jessica is more of a Fish Taco kind of gal, but she enjoys burritos as well). My love affair began around the age of 18, in the parking lots of Phish shows - where I could find any number of amazing burritos, cooked up on a dirty Coleman stove. I just loved the explosion of flavor (and surprise) that came with each burrito I ate in those years. One of the the first times I visited Asheville for a few days in college, I came across Rio Burrito, a now defunct burrito-specific shop on Biltmore Avenue. I went there all the time, and got to know all the nice folk who worked there. So, I was quite disappointed when they shut it down - so much so that I wrote about it here. But when Mamacitas opened in downtown Asheville in Spring 2004, I was smitten...
Comments