I ran the Superhero 5k this past Saturday afternoon. I mean, why wouldn't I take advantage of an opportunity to run 3.125 miles through downtown Asheville, ridiculously dressed? I had an amazing time, and while in the midst of my run, I was just feeling such a sublime love for the great city of Asheville.I mean, where else would a Pizza/Microbrewing Restaurant (Asheville Pizza and Brewing) sponsor a "dress up as a superhero" 5k through downtown,and have around 300 people show up dressed all the way? I am determined to get my brother to join me next year. Man, I love this town.
We have been having a whole bunch of fun lately, and we celebrated the completion of the 5k by chowing down on some burritos and fish tacos at the fantastic Mamacitas, with our friends Betsy and Jeff + their rad children.
And the hits just keep on coming: next Saturday brings us the Asheville Holiday Parade, and we will stretch our necks in an attempt to get a good first look at ol' Saint Nick.

Comments