I have wanted to be a teacher since about the age of 14. It just always seemed like the greatest thing to spend one's days doing. And now that I am in the middle of my 11th year in the profession - I can safely say that it is actually better than I thought it would be. But raising two kids on a teacher's salary can sometimes sting a bit. So, I chose to teach an additional class, and NOT have a planning period this semester - in an effort to make more money. For teaching this one additional class, I am indeed making more money - but I am SO worn out. And, I am so behind in my never ending teacher paperwork. I have so many papers to grade, and for the papers that are actually graded - I have a stack the size of the tower of Babel to put in the gradebook. So, yes - I am whining about this a bit - here in my online journal. Thanks for reading, especially if you have stuck with this post long enough to make it this far. This is pretty boring, isn't it? Sorry.So, I not only have to get more motivated, but to quote my perfect fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Sims, I need to "Use my time more wisely." (And Mrs. Sims really was the perfect fourth grade teacher. She changed my life in many ways - but mostly by teaching me that it is so important to be creative - but equally important to have discipline. In that effort - she would always encourage me to read my creative writing stories in front of the class for laughs - but she was also the first teacher to write me up and send me to the office. So, Mrs. Sims would tell me to shut up and grade papers. And so that is what I shall do :) So today I am journaling about this in order to better motivate me to get some grading done. So, I am about to turn on some My Bloody Valentine (because they are loud, and well...really loud) and start plowing through some grades.
Comments